- I congratulate FINN with the award as Norways best workplace. It was a great achievement to win last year, and equally impressive to repeat the victory! The culture and working environment in FINN serve as an inspiration to everyone in Schibsted Media Group, says CEO Rolv Erik Ryssdal.
FINN received the accolade on its birthday. The small entrepreneurial company that started with a handful of employees in 2000 has turned 12 years of age.
– This is incrediby good news. We are so proud and delighted. We knew the results from the survey were even better than last year, but we didn't dare hope to win first place, says Nina Moi Edvardsen, Organizational Director at FINN.
She believes that the company's corporate culture is a key factor for their success.
– Right from the start we have focused on developing a strong and distinctive culture. Even though we have grown a lot and now have 321 employees, we have managed to maintain it, says Edvardsen, who has been with the company since it was formed.
– I think the employees feel a sense of fellowship. We place a lot of emphasis on making sure they are seen and heard, and we have an informal atmosphere. But this is also a performance-oriented environment where we are thinking ahead all the time, she adds.
Improving in all areas
The results of the survey show that FINN has improved on all the main parameters since last year.
– I am really proud, and want to thank all my colleagues for the good job they do, says FINN's CEO Christian Printzell Halvorsen
He says that the company has worked on creating a working environment that is as inclusive as possible:
– It's important for us to keep our employees well informed about what is going on here. We want to involve them as much as possible and to encourage them to ask questions. Among other things, we have monthly staff meetings, he says.
– I find that we have a common understanding of what our focus areas are. Innovation is one of them. People who work here should have the opportunity to develop both themselves and FINN, he says.